Tjernlund Radon Vac™ System
Protect your Family from Radon.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has designated January as National Radon Action Month. The promotion’s objective is to alert the public about the health dangers of radon gas and provide information on finding and fixing the problem if it exists.
According to the EPA’s website (epa.gov/radon), “You can’t see, smell, or taste radon, but it could be present at a dangerous level in homes. Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer deaths amount nonsmokers in America and claims the lives of about 20,000 Americans each year.
“Exposure to radon is a preventable health risk, and testing radon levels in your home can help prevent unnecessary exposure. If a high radon level is detected in your home, you can take steps to mitigate the radon to protect yourself and your family.”
The web site further states: “There are several proven methods to reduce radon in your home, but the one primarily used is a vent pipe system and fan, which pulls radon from beneath the house and vents it to the outside.”
- RADON VAC™ Side Wall Vent ASD (Active Sub-Slab Depressurization) system is designed to save material costs, reduce installation labor by over 50 percent and eliminate installation of PVC piping on the home exterior.
- P-Series High Performance In-Line Fans for roof terminated ASD systems features high pressure air handling performance with low noise and low power usage.
- 16 Watt 4” PVC In-Line Booster Fan for roof terminated ASD systems improves the performance of passive radon exhaust stacks easily and inexpensively.
- RX2 Ventilator Basement and non-ventilated Crawl Space Fan can be stet to exhaust radon laden air, supply fresh air, or positioned with one fan in each direction for a balanced air exchange.
- RV2 Ventilator Crawl Space Fan exhausts radon and other harmful soil gases and allows fresh outdoor air to replace them.
- Universal Fan Failure Alarm alerts the homeowner of a fan failure or ice blockage.
- Radon monitor and alarm continuously monitors for radon gas and displays current average radon level.
A brochure detailing the line is available at www.Tjernlund.com or call Tjernlund at 800-255-4208.
Established in 1938, Tjernlund Products, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of problem-solving products for residential, commercial and industrial ventilation applications.