Unleash Your Project Potential with SawStop’s Portable Saws
One of the most dangerous tools in a shop or the garage is the table saw. Table saw accidents can happen to anyone regardless of age or experience and are one of the most common cause of injuries at project sites. In fact, in the United States, there is a table saw accident every 9 minutes, and ten of those accidents will result in amputation each day. These accidents can be devastating, often causing permanent disfigurement, when not resulting in amputation, impacting an individual’s career, confidence around tools, and overall quality of life. Furthermore, these injuries may lead to lost wages, significant medical expenses, and long-term rehabilitation. However, there is a way to make jobsites safer. These table saw injuries can be mitigated with the use of SawStop table saws and their Active Injury Mitigation (AIM) technology that stops a spinning saw blade on contact with skin.
SawStop’s Game-Changing Safety System
SawStop offers the safest table saws available on the market—the only saws that stop on contact with skin. Every SawStop saw comes equipped with a skin-sensing safety system designed to prevent severe injuries resulting from accidental contact between the user and the saw blade. The safety system works by introducing a small electrical signal through the blade. When something conductive—such as the user’s skin—touches the blade, the signal’s conductivity changes, triggering the safety system.
Once the safety system is activated, an aluminum brake springs into the spinning blade, forcing it to stop within milliseconds. Simultaneously, the blade’s angular momentum carries it below the table surface, reducing the risk of further injury. This entire process happens almost instantly with the blade coming to a complete stop in about 5 milliseconds—ten times faster than a car’s airbag.
By incorporating this exclusive safety technology into their table saws, SawStop has significantly reduced the risk of severe injuries for home hobbyists, DIY woodworkers, carpenters, and contractors, helping to create a safer working environment in workshops and at jobsites. In its 20-year history, and with hundreds of thousands of saws sold, the SawStop’s safety system has proven reliable and effective in protecting users from life-altering injuries with thousands of confirmed finger saves. The combination of safety, unparalleled design and craftsmanship has made SawStop the #1 cabinet saw in North America.
Powerful, Portable Protection
SawStop’s newest saw, the 10” Compact Table Saw (CTS) offers the perfect combination of portability, convenience, and power, making it an ideal solution for any project. Weighing in at just 68 lbs., the CTS can be taken to any location with ease. Perfect for limited space, its compact design allows for easy transportation and storage, while the powerful motor ensures it can handle tough jobs. That power is not without precision—its rack and pinion fence ensures a reliably square cut and its quick-tilt bevel adjustment with micro-adjust makes certain you have the accuracy you need on the job. The CTS also features onboard tool storage and an optional stand, further enhancing its versatility and convenience.
For users who need a little bit larger saw for the worksite, SawStop offers the Jobsite Saw Pro (JSS). Its well-balanced, wheeled base makes it easy to transport and maneuver either in the garage, the driveway, or around the jobsite. The single-turn elevation feature allows for quick blade height adjustments, while its expandable tabletop offers a stable and spacious work surface for various woodworking tasks—such as taking advantage of its 25.5” rip capacity.
Quick Look Comparison:
- Safety Features: Both the JSS and CTS come equipped with SawStop’s patented safety technology, significantly reducing the risk of life-altering injuries.
- Size: The CTS is designed for ultimate portability with a smaller footprint and compact size, while the JSS is larger, includes an integrated mobile base, and offers a more spacious work surface.
- Fence: The CTS features a rack and pinion fence system, designed to ensure accurate and smooth adjustments for precise cutting. The JSS has a Hi-Low T-Style fence that slides easily and locks firm with the push of the innovative Ergolock button.
- Dado Blades: The JSS can use any standard-tooth steel stacked dado set (max width: 29/32”), while the CTS cannot. Due to its compact size, the CTS can only support a standard 10” blade.
- Onboard Tool Storage: Each saw comes with a storage compartment to keep essential tools like Blade Guard, Miter Gauge, blade wrenches and extra brakes readily accessible.
- Cost: At $899, the CTS is SawStop’s most affordable saw, while the more robust JSS retails for $1579.
- Durability: Both the CTS and JSS have powder coated aluminum tables and are engineered for maximum durability, providing precision, power, and safety for years.
SawStop’s portable table saws, the CTS and JSS, provide an ideal solution for enhancing safety and productivity while bringing peace of mind to any jobsite. Protect your fingers, family, and friends today, find a dealer or learn more about the safety system at www.sawstop.com.