DIY Countertops with Solid Surface Material
· What’s Covered
· Tools Needed
· Gluing Two Pieces Together
· Finishing The Surface
Section 2: Fabricating a Counter Top
· What’s Covered?
· Templating/Sheet Layout
· Edge Build-Up
· Inside Corners Procedure
· Installing Sinks
· Solid Surface Undermount Sink
· Stainless Steel, Granite, or Porcelain Undermount Sink
· Installing Cook Tops
· Countertop Support and Installation
Section 3: Advanced Techniques
· Coved Backsplash
· Wall Applications
SECTION 1: CUTTING, GLUING, AND SEAMING SOLID SURFACE
· Where to Buy Solid Surface
· Tools Needed
WHERE TO BUY SOLID SURFACE
· SolidSurface.com, an online Internet store, offers a variety of solid surface products as well as auxiliary products needed to work with solid surface. They are one of the few places where solid surface can be purchased by anyone.
· They carry major brands. In their overstocked and clearance sections they have Corian, LG HiMacs, Avonite, and Meganite. In their remnant section they have all the previous brands plus Staron.
· They have a line of their own products called House Premium, and Select Grade. House Premium colors are available on a continuing basis and Select Grade, which is deeply discounted, is sold on a first come first served basis
· Sheets are usually 30” wide and 10ft or 12ft long and they carry many colors and brands. They also offer less than full sheet sizes for people with small project needs.
· The most popular sheet thicknesses is ½” (counter tops) for which they have hundreds of choices but they also have ¼” (shower walls), ¾”(bath vanity tops, and 1-1/4”(counter tops).
· They ship their products via UPS, FedEx, and by freight carrier from warehouses around the country
· Their service is superior with prompt shipping, excellent customer support, and low prices